July - December 2017 Commitment
"To walk together in all God’s ways” is part of the covenant we embrace when we join the Plymouth community. In saying those words, we enter into a convental relationship with God and with our fellow congregation members. That phrase has meaning on several levels, but one of those levels is that we agree to share what we have with God by committing both ourselves and our financial resources to supporting the work God is doing through Plymouth Church.
WAYS TO GIVE
There are a variety of ways to make a gift to Plymouth Church.
- At Our Services – Simply place cash or checks in the offering baskets when they are passed during worship. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes.
- Online – Online giving is convenient, and with it you can make a one time gift, set up scheduled giving, edit scheduled giving, change your method of giving, view two years of giving history and print contributions statements.
- Text Giving - Simply text the word “Plymouth” to 73256 and follow the instructions on the screen. Once you have given once, your information will be saved for future use.
Why Should I Give Online?
It's a personal preference, but here are a few of the benefits we frequently hear:
- It's a step of faith...deciding in advance to give faithfully.
- It helps simplify life.
- It allows you to give consistently...even when you're not at church.
Other Ways to Give
Company Matching and United Way - Many companies match employees' gifts to charitable programs, including faith-based programs. If you know your company has a matching gift program, or believe they might, please contact Executive Administrator John Scibilia. If you give through your company's United Way program, you may be able to "write-in" a regular gift to Plymouth Church through United Way.
Gifts of Stocks, Bonds and Other Securities - Learn more here.
Estate Planning - If you would like to make a deferred gift to Plymouth, wish to include Plymouth in your estate plan, or would like to name Plymouth Church as beneficiary of a revocable trust, retirement plan, or life insurance policy, please contact Executive Administrator John Scibilia to schedule a time to talk.
When You Give to Plymouth
- You support Plymouth Church's vibrant community of faith.
- You broaden the Church's programs: from Sunday School to Christian Spiritual Development, Cherub Choir to Adult Choir, the Church is committed to broadening its programming to inspire children, teens and adults of all ages.
- You balance your inner and outward life: giving to the Church is a deep expression of all that you have received from God and from Plymouth.
- You enable Plymouth Church to directly effect change in our community and the world: our Christian Help Committee annually selects ten partner organizations to further God's mission by transforming the lives of people on a local, national and international level.
- You provide support for our beloved and historic home: Plymouth Church is fortunate to be blessed with beautiful and historic buildings and grounds and one of our many responsibilities is the upkeep and improvement of the church's facilities.